Mailorder will be shut down from Sept 17th to Sept 25th. Any orders that come over during that time will be shipped on or after the 25th. Thanks!
Thanks to everyone that made it out to the Lovitt 10 Year Anniversary show, especially those who traveled far distances to come out. The show was amazing and one that will be remembered for some time to come. A lot of people have helped out and supported the label over the past 10 years and we really appreciate it. Special thanks, of course, go out to all the bands we have worked with as they are all amazing people and musicians and we have been honored to work with them.
Anyone that videotaped or took pictures of the Lovitt 10 Year Anniversary show or the last Engine Down show in Richmond, we would really appreciate it if we could get copies for possible use in the next Lovitt DVD or the Engine Down DVD. You can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, Matt Michel from Haram/Majority Rule designed some great posters for the Lovitt Anniversary show that he is selling on his site: http://www.majrule.com/creativpanic/posters.html.
He also has posters for Del Cielo's CD release party and Decahedron's first show ever.
On a semi-separate note, we are looking for high quality photos of the last Four Hundred Years show in Philadelphia. If you have any, please e mail: email@example.com.
Engine Down has been a huge part of the label the past eight years, and we are really going to miss them. All of them are going on to new, exciting things and will always be our great friends. We thank them for all the great memories and the music they created that touched a lot of people. It is nice that they were able to go out on their terms and were able to do their final show in front of friends and family. Everyone at the show was truly part of something special that words cannot fully express.
We have a lot of exciting news to report in a few weeks about new releases and new bands. We will be kicking off the next 10 years with a bang!
The Lovitt Family
Lovitt Records will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this Saturday, September 3rd, at the Black Cat in Washington, DC . It is Engine Down's last DC show and their second-to-last show ever. It is also Basla from Del Cielo's last DC show with the band and the last Navies show for a while, as Ed from the band will be attending law school in the fall.
The show will start on time and bands (other than Engine Down) will be playing short sets so come early! Plus, the show will be filmed for use in a future Lovitt DVD.
The first 50 people that enter the show will receive a copy of the Lovitt Transmissions: Volume 1 DVD.
Our good friends from Shirts for a Cure will be selling new exclusive t-shirts at the show from Engine Down, Del Cielo, Frodus, Majority Rule, Darkest Hour, and others. The proceeds of the shirt sales provide financial assistance to underprivileged women who cannot afford the expense of fighting breast cancer. For more information, please visit the Syrentha Savio Endowment at www.syrentha.org
Here are the show details:
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2005
8:30 PM (The show will start early and on time to fit all the bands, so don't be late!).
ENGINE DOWN (next-to-last show)
FIN FANG FOOM
You can purchase tickets (which we recommend for people coming from out-of-town) by going to the Black Cat's website at www.blackcatdc.com
Hope to see you at the show!
Any item that is priced $8.00 or more (not including shipping) at our webstore for the month of August is 10% off in celebration of our 10 year anniversary! The discount will be calculated at check out.
A lot of news this month:
1. Tickets to the Lovitt 10th Anniversary Show at the Black Cat in Washington, D.C., are on sale now. You can purchase tickets (which we recommend for people coming from out of town) by going to the Black Cat’s website . It will be Engine Down’s second-to-last show ever and an great night of friends and family getting together to play music and celebrate. The details of the show, which will be filmed for use in a future Lovitt DVD:
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2005
Black Cat, Washington, D.C.
8:30 PM (The show will start early and on time to fit all the bands in).
FIN FANG FOOM
If you are coming to the show from out of town and buy your tickets in advance, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with where you are coming from and your name and we will hook you up with something special. We can also let you know good places to stay and eat while in town.
We also have a lot of other news to report. Let’s start with some band changes:
2. Decahedron has gone on indefinite hiatus following the cancellation of their last U.S. tour. Shelby and Jason both are quite busy with other projects at the moment, which you can read more about on their website (www.decahedron.net). Their new six-song CD entitled 2005 is out now. It was recorded with Don Zientara at Inner Ear. Continuing with guest bassist Jake Brown (Moments in Grace) after the departure of Johnathon Ford, the tracks are a continuation of their impassioned, pointed assault on puppet presidents and shadowy superstructures. The CD is enhanced with a full live set in Quicktime of their 2004 MACROCK performance.
3. After four-and-a-half years, Basla has decided to step down from Del Cielo after the shows they have scheduled through the end of September. The Lovitt 10th Anniversary show will be the last D.C. show with the current line-up. We hope that people are able to get out to the band’s final shows with her – she’s a great bass player and a wonderful person. We will all miss working with her in Del Cielo and know she will do great things in the future. Katy and Andrea are not sure of the exact future of Del Cielo but they plan on playing with someone new and seeing what happens. We certainly hope they continue playing in the future and we’ll keep you updated!
4. Dame Fate has decided to stop the band. They had been playing out with Marty Violence on guitar but with everyone’s different, hectic schedules, it was hard for them to stay active so they decided it was better to call it a day. We are sure that all of them will continue to play music and we will inform you as they do new things.
Now onto better news:
5. The Grey just finished recording their stunning full-length. It will be mastered in the next few weeks at Silver Sonya. No release date for it yet, but we will be releasing an online-only EP in the meantime for people to enjoy. We hope to have that online in a month or so. The band features members of bands such as Shotmaker and Three Penny Opera. The band will be touring Canada, Europe, Japan, and hopefully the US (if the Border Patrol decides to let them back into the country). You can find out more about the band by visiting their website .